Sausage Egg Bake
Gluten Free & Dairy Free
· 1 tsp avocado oil
· 2 medium sweet potatoes
· 1 pound Italian sausage or breakfast sausage
· 1 red pepper, diced
· 9 eggs
· 1 tsp chilli pepper flakes
· 1 tsp paprika
· 1 tsp basil
· salt and pepper
· 1 clove garlic
· 2 onions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sauté garlic and 1 onion. Add sausage until 90% cooked.
3. Drain excess grease and set aside – we will use this to cook the sweet potato and second onion
4. Cube your sweet potato and cook in the oil with your second onion until soft (about 15 minutes)
5. Combine sausage, sweet potato, and peppers, and place evenly in a 9x13 baking dish
6. In a bowl whisk together eggs, chili pepper, paprika, and basil. Pour evenly over sausage mixture.
7. Throw it in the over for about 35 minutes or until toothpick comes clear!
Say it With Me - Fat is my Friend.
Don't be scared away by this high fat breakfast. As a nutiritonist, I'm on a misison to teach people how healthy fats can change your skin, your hair, and your waistline - and this dish is FULL of em!
Check out my quick blog post on why Fat is not the culpret.